SDP’S Peewee Elite summer training program is for athletes who will play at the Peewee level for the 2022-2023 season. The Peewee Elite program will focus on the following principles:
- Power skating, under speed edgework, over speed and agility training - One day per week with Professional Skating Coach Alex Volpicelli
- Puck handling, puck protection, passing and shooting skill development.
- Position specific training for Defensemen, Forwards and Goaltenders.
- Teaching how these skills apply to the player's game.
- Using small area games to teach players game concepts
- Dryland training: Shooting, puck handling, passing
- Off-ice strength and conditioning program
On-ice, dryland , strength and conditioning training will be held at the Maple Grove Community Center. Strength and Conditioning will be run by GameFace a Premier Sports Performance Training Division of Life Time Fitness. GameFace will utilize the Life Time Maple Grove facility for training.
Times: SDP summer training will run from week of June 13, 2022 through week of August 21, 2022 (No training week of July 4)
- Monday (12:30p - 1:30p)
- Wednesday (12:30p - 1:30p)
- Thursday (10:00a - 11:00a)
- Monday (1:45p - 2:25p)
- Wednesday (1:45p - 2:25p)
- GameFace Training:
- Monday (2:30p - 3:30p)
- Wednesday (2:30p - 3:30p)
Athletes will receive:
- SDP program jersey
- SDP baseball cap
- SDP performance T-Shirt
Peewee Elite program Cost: $1395
Group size is limited and our spots are currently filled for Summer 2022.