SDP’S 2023 summer training program for 2008, 2009, and 2010 birth years will focus on the following principles:
- Power skating, under speed edgework, over speed, and agility training - One day per week with Professional Skating Coach Alex Volpicelli.
- Puck handling, puck protection, passing, and shooting skill development.
- Position specific training for Defensemen, Forwards, and Goaltenders.
- Teaching how these skills apply to the player's game.
- Using small area games to teach players game concepts
- Dryland training: Shooting, puck handling, passing
- Off-ice strength and conditioning program.
On-ice, dryland, and strength and conditioning training will be held at the Maple Grove Community Center. Strength and Conditioning will be run by GameFace, a Premier Sports Performance Training Division of Life Time Fitness. GameFace will utilize the Life Time Maple Grove facility for training.
Times: SDP summer training will run from June 12, 2023 through August 10, 2023 (No training week of July 4th)
- Monday (12:30p - 1:30p)
- Wednesday (12:30p - 1:30p)
- Thursday (12:30p - 1:30p)
- Monday (1:45p - 2:15p)
- Wednesday (1:45p - 2:15p)
- GameFace Training:
- Monday (2:30p - 3:30p)
- Wednesday (2:30p - 3:30p)
*Times subject to change
Athletes will receive:
- SDP program jersey
- SDP baseball cap
- SDP performance T-Shirt
Program Cost: $1495
Group is full and registration is closed.